SouthTech, a leading systems integrator providing managed service solutions to businesses since 1994, has an exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is ready to move ahead in a progressive industry. We are focused on helping our clients succeed by understanding their unique technology requirements and developing a fully customized program to care for their data and voice networks.
SouthTech currently has and opening for an Accounting Manager who will be responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department. Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and producing financial reports or statements. Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles as well as managing the Accounting staff.
The ideal candidate will have excellent financial, accounting, and analytical skills with a passion for finding solutions to complex problems. The primary purpose of this position is to provide oversight of the functions surrounding all aspects of financial and accounting management, including the business oriented implementation of general accounting principles, regulatory and financial reporting, all aspects of budgeting, forecasts preparation, accounts payable/receivables, and payroll. Responsibilities also include implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls to ensure that the company assets are safeguarded and that accounting procedures conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position offers candidates a chance to join an established company that provides continued opportunities for growth and professional development. The working environment promotes strong values and encourages employee development, diversity, and requires customer service excellence. SouthTech offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) plan, health and life insurance, HSA accounts, and paid time off (PTO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of accounting theory, GAAP, GAAS and internal controls.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable operations and accounting team.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to the Company’s monthly close schedule and procedures.
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Complete the preparation of monthly account reconciliations.
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report variance discrepancies to Executive team.
- Support the preparation of tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Document, monitor, analyze and make recommendations for Company internal controls and processes.
- Ensure accounting staff are properly trained on all policies, procedures, and software.
- Assist in the development of budgets, projections, and reports for departments.
- Assist in the development of capital strategy and other strategic financial relationships.
- Oversee company operational aspects including accounting team changes, individual client issues and company operations.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required, or equivalent experience
- Experience coordinating management reporting, financial analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll.
- Knowledge and understanding of QuickBooks
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, a proactive, hands- on strategic thinker.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
- Must be dependable and able to work independently.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, clarifying roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
Salary will be commensurate with applicable skills sets, certification(s) and experience.
All selected candidates are subject to a satisfactory background check.
This position will require limited travel in the local area.