SouthTech, a leading systems integrator providing managed service solutions to businesses since 1994, has an exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is ready to move ahead in a progressive industry. We are focused on helping our clients succeed by understanding their unique technology requirements and developing a fully customized program to care for their data and voice networks. The Business Development Consultant is responsible for prospecting and closing business through new client accounts.
This position offers candidates a chance to join an established company that provides continued opportunities for growth and professional development. The working environment promotes strong values and encourages employee development, diversity, and requires customer service excellence. SouthTech offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) plan, health and life insurance, HSA accounts, and paid time off (PTO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities in the small and medium business market.
- Performing minimum daily, weekly, and monthly sales calls and prospecting tasks in order to meet monthly sales goals.
- Proactively look for way to improve business efficiencies and productivity while providing a better overall client experience when purchasing productions and solutions from SouthTech.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales volume goals established by Business Development Manager.
- Meet or exceed minimum gross margin levels established by Business Development Manager.
- Consult and communicate with existing and prospective customers on the solutions being proposed and the value they provide.
- Work directly with SouthTech team members and executive management.
- 2+ years prior IT and, or, telecommunications sales experience including prospecting for new business through cold calling and direct meetings.
- Proven success of consistently achieving and/or exceeding monthly sales goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong telephone and face-to-face presentation skills.
- Ability to listen well and develop sales opportunities.
- College degree desired, preferably in Sales/Marketing or Business Administration.
- Self-starter with a solid work ethic, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the sales process and a heavy emphasis on client satisfaction (candidates who are responsive and empathetic to client needs).
- Commitment to achieve vendor specific sales-certifications with our key business partners.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Salary will be commensurate with applicable skills sets, certification(s) and experience.
All selected candidates are subject to a satisfactory background check.
This position will require limited travel in the local area.
Serious candidates should send their resumes to HR@southtech.com.