SouthTech, a leading systems integrator providing managed service solutions to businesses since 1994, has an exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is ready to move ahead in a progressive industry. We are focused on helping our clients succeed by understanding their unique technology requirements and developing a fully customized program to care for their data and voice networks.
SouthTech is seeking an energetic intern who can work a flexible schedule (approximately 20 – 30 Hours a week) for at least 90 calendar days from their start date. The internship may be extended out further if both parties agree, and we are willing to work with any level college student interested in information technology. The internship is paid and there are many opportunities to gain valuable practical experience. Interns must be able to demonstrate solid communication and organizational skills so that they are able to work within a team-focused environment. It is expected that all client interactions will be performed at the highest level of customer service and professionalism. They will work very closely with other technical resources and the Management team to ensure internal SouthTech team areas and our clients are supported. They must be able to both document and effectively communicate the technical steps they’ve taken during their work day. The position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, working under the supervision of a team lead or manager.
This position offers internship candidates a chance to take part in the day to day operations of an established technology company that provides continued opportunities for growth and professional development. The working environment promotes strong values and encourages employee development, diversity, and requires customer service excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting engineers on client projects
- Creating technical documentation and schematics
- Gathering operational metrics for management
- Helping the support team solve technical support issues/requests
- Sales support and data entry
- Some interaction with clients
- Technical preparation of newly purchased client equipment prior to field deployment by an engineer
- Transportation of client equipment to from their offices
- Proficiency in usage of Microsoft Office suites
- Proficiency in usage of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for working in a team environment
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
Special consideration given to candidates with the below qualifications:
- Installation of Apple/MAC operating systems
- Active Directory and how it works in domain environments
- Security software such as Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, etc.
- Basic networking concepts and/or LAN troubleshooting
- Basic data security concepts
- Microsoft Hosted Exchange (365)
All selected candidates are subject to a satisfactory background check. This position will require limited travel in the local area. Serious candidates should send their resumes to HR@southtech.com or fax them to 941-306-4756.