Last Modified Date: August 18, 2021
What Information Does SouthTech Collect?
The information we collect from you on our Website depends upon how you choose to interact with us as detailed below:
- If you choose to contact us by using the contact form on our Website, we will collect your name, company name, email address, telephone number, a preferred method of contact, and the contents of any message that you choose to provide use (collectively, “Web Inquiry Information”).
- In the event that you choose to contact us by telephone either by calling (855) 941-8324 or (941) 953-7455, we will collect your name, company name, the substance of any comment or question and any other pertinent details that you choose to provide to us (collectively, “Telephone Inquiry Information”).
- Should you send us written correspondence to 2801 Fruitville Road, Suite 250, Sarasota, Florida 34237, we will collect your name, mailing address, and any other pertinent details that you choose to provide in your written message (collectively, “Written Inquiry Information”).
- Our PowerView Manage, PowerView Secure, and PowerView Voice webpages on the Website enable you to contact us for a free consultation by completing a web form in which we will collect your name, email, phone, and the contents of any message that you choose to provide us (collectively, “Consultation Information”).
- To assist our customers in providing them with the appropriate IT solutions for their business, we offer a survey. If you choose to participate in our Path to IT Paradise, we will collect your multiple choice answers to questions regarding your opinions of your business’s information technology infrastructure. At the conclusion of the survey, we will also collect information about: (1) your three business goals/priorities for the current fiscal year; (2) your biggest pain point when it comes to technology; (3) your name; (4) email address; (5) company name; and (6) phone number (collectively, “Survey Information”).
- The Website includes functionality that permits you to engage with one of our online consultants through an instant message window. If you choose to utilize this functionality to communicate with us, we will collect whatever details that you choose to provide to us, which could include your name, company name, and a method to contact you (collectively, “Instant Message Inquiry Information”).
- Our Website provides customers of our services to login to access our help desk. In order to connect with our help desk, we will request you to select your applicable operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac, or Linux). We will also ask you to provide us with a 9-digit code or calling card code to enable you to download an application to interface with our help desk regarding your issue (collectively, “Help Desk Information”)
- You have the option of logging into our Client Portal from our Website to submit and view existing service tickets. To access this feature on the Website, we will collect your email and password (collectively, “Account Credentials”). To register for an account, we will collect your email address (collectively, “Account Registration Information”).
- For our customers’ convenience, we offer you the capability to access your account to view and pay your bill through our Accounting Portal. If you choose to log into the Accounting Portal, we will request your email and password (collectively, “Accounting Portal Information”). If you request an account through our Accounting Portal, we will collect your name, company name, phone number, email address, and we will request that you confirm that you are a human being through the reCAPTCHA service (collectively, “Accounting Portal Registration Information”)
- Our Website includes a section dedicated to displaying career opportunities with SouthTech. If you desire to work for SouthTech, our Website includes functionality that will enable you to apply online, in which case we will collect your name, email address, phone number, and a copy of your resume (collectively, “Employment Information”).
- Our Website utilizes internet cookies as more fully described in the section of this Policy entitled “Internet Cookies.”
How Does SouthTech Use the Information that it Collects?
Our use of the information that we collect from you whenever you choose to visit the Website is outlined below:
- To the extent that you choose to contact us through the web form on our Website, by telephone or through written correspondence, we will use your Web Inquiry Information, Telephone Inquiry Information, or Written Inquiry Information, as the case may be, to respond to your particular request, question, or comment to us.
- If you choose to complete the free consultation web form on our Website, we will use the Consultation Information for purposes of having one of our sales representatives contact you regarding the product that you have expressed an interest in.
- In the event that you choose to participate in our Path to IT Paradise survey, we will use your Survey Information to contact you based upon your survey responses, business goals and priorities, and technology pain points. We will also use the Survey Information for our internal business purposes and on an aggregated basis in evaluating the effectiveness of our survey questions and multiple choice answers.
- Should you choose to engage in communications with one of our online consultants through our Website, we will use your Instant Message Inquiry Information for purposes of responding to your particular request, question, or comment. We will also use Instant Message Inquiry Information on an aggregated basis for our internal business purposes in assessing our response times to your inquiry and whether our responses and guidance are effective.
- We use your Help Desk Information, to the extent that you choose to contact the Help Desk to verify that you are a SouthTech customer and to initiate technical support. We will use your Help Desk Information to track the status of your particular technical support claim.
- If you choose to log into the Client Portal, we will use your Account Credentials to authenticate you as a customer who has a SouthTech account and to retrieve the applicable information for your account, including your existing service tickets. For first time users who desire to register for an account, we will use your Account Registration Information to match your email address against those that we have on file and to initiate an email address with instructions on how you may complete your account registration.
- We use your Accounting Portal Information to authenticate you as a customer with a SouthTech account and to retrieve your payment invoice history. We use your Accounting Portal Registration Information to create your account within the Accounting Portal and to make sure that you are authorized to access this information.
- Where you apply for a career opportunity with us, we use your Employment Information for purposes of screening and potentially contacting you to schedule an interview for a particular employment position.
- We use information collected from internet cookies as detailed in the section titled “Internet Cookies.”
Our Website includes internet cookies, which are small data files that are capable of collecting information from you and your computing device. If you consent to our use of internet cookies, then our Website will deploy cookies to your computing device to collect information including your internet protocol address, computing device type, the name and version of the internet web browser that you choose to use when you visit our website, your language preferences, the domain of your internet service provider, your geographical location, a unique online identifier, the date and time of your arrival on our Website, the duration of your visit to our Website, and your immediate internet history.
SouthTech uses the information we receive in connection with the use of internet cookies to identify and troubleshoot issues with our Website. We use the information from internet cookies to combat fraudulent, malicious, and criminal attacks on our Website and our services. We also use information derived from cookies in an aggregated form to understand where the visitors to our Website originate, what content and features are most utilized, and to evaluate the overall effectiveness of our advertising and marketing efforts. This information helps to inform our decisions on new content, functionality, and services that we introduce on the Website and it helps us to optimize the overall user experience when you visit the Website.
Your Choices Regarding Internet Cookies
Does SouthTech Share Information with Third Parties?
SouthTech utilizes a number of third party service providers to make the Website and services available to you. These service providers include web and data hosting, software, payment card processing, analytics, marketing and advertising service providers. We only permit these service providers to use the information that we disclose to them, or that they collect on our behalf, for purposes of rendering their services to us.
We will also disclose your information under the following circumstances:
SouthTech reserves the right to disclose information that we have collected about you to the extent we are legally required to comply with a legal obligation, including without limitation, a court order, subpoena, or other demand from an administrative, judicial, or governmental authority. We will also disclose information that we have collected from you where such a disclosure is necessary in order for SouthTech to protect its rights, property, or the safety of SouthTech, its customers, and other third parties.
Sale or Reorganization of our Business
If SouthTech or substantially all of SouthTech’s assets are sold to a third party or SouthTech is reorganized or merged into another entity, the information that we have collected from you, including any personal information, will be among the assets that are transferred in connection with the transaction.
Children’s Online Privacy
SouthTech does not knowingly market to or solicit personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. The Website is made available to persons who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you are not at least eighteen (18) years of age, please do not provide us with any personal information. The term “personal information” as it is used in this Section has the same meaning set forth under the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, as set forth in Section 6501, et. al. of Title 15 of the United States Code and its regulations. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child that is under eighteen (18) years of age that you believe may have provided us with personal information, please contact us using one of the methods listed under the heading “Contact Us” to have this information removed from our system.
Do Not Track Signals or Requests
Our Website does not honor “Do Not Track” signals or requests from internet web browsers because there is no standard for handling such requests.
Third Party Hyperlinks
The SouthTech Website includes third party hyperlinks. If you choose to activate any such hyperlink, you will be redirected to a website that is owned, operated, and controlled by a third party (each a “Third Party Website”). The hyperlinks that we provide to any Third Party Website are included for your convenience and for your informational purposes. SouthTech does not have any control over the content, information, business or privacy practices of any Third Party Website. SouthTech will not be liable for the content, information, business, or privacy practices of any Third Party Website. Your use of a Third Party Website is entirely at your own risk. Under no circumstances will SouthTech be liable to you or any other party for your use of a Third Party Website.
Revisions to this Policy
SouthTech reserves the right to revise this Policy in its sole discretion and without prior notice. If we make a revision to this Policy, we will update the “Last Modified Date” that is located at the top of this document. Revisions to this Policy will become effective upon the date of posting, unless otherwise required by applicable law. It is your responsibility to regularly check this Policy to keep advised of any changes. In the event that you do not agree with a term, condition, or revision of this Policy, then you must immediately cease your use of the Website and end your browsing session. Any use by you following a revision to this Policy will constitute your acceptance to such revisions. If we make a material change to the way in which we collect, use, or share information, we will post a notice to the main page of our Website, directing your attention to this Policy so that you may advise yourself of changes. If applicable law requires us to undertake any other procedure regarding changes, we will comply with such process.
Your Options Regarding Your Information
In the event that you would like to review, correct, update or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, such as your name, email address, company name, mailing address, telephone, or other information that can be linked to you, please contact us using one of the contact methods listed under the heading “Contact Us.” We ask that you include some indication in the subject line that you are making an “Information Request” and provide us with sufficient information so that we may locate your information to fulfill the request.
European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) Disclosures
The EU’s GDPR requires that we provide EU data subjects with certain information about our collection and processing activities and their data rights. References in this Section to terms such as “controller,” “data subject,” “personal data,” “processor,” and “supervisory authority” shall have the meanings set forth in Regulation (EU) 2016/670 of the European Parliament and of European Council, dated 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
Identity of the Controller
2801 Fruitville Road, Suite 250
Sarasota, Florida 34237
Purposes of Processing
The personal data that we collect from you is processed for the specific purposes detailed in this Policy. If you provide us with Web Inquiry Information, Telephone Inquiry Information, Written Inquiry Information, Consultation Information, Survey Information, or Instant Message Inquiry Information, the legal basis for our processing of this information is both your consent and our legitimate interest in responding to unsolicited inquiries received by our business.
The legal basis for our processing of Help Desk Information, Account Credentials, Account Registration Information, Account Portal Information, and Accounting Portal Registration Information is your consent, by contract with you, your employer, or an organization with who you are affiliated, and our legitimate basis in providing our customers and their employees or users, as the case may be, with convenient access to technical support and account information in order to facilitate payment of invoices and management of service tickets.
The legal basis for our processing of Employment Information is your consent in submitting such information for consideration for an open career opportunity.
The legal basis for our processing of information from internet cookies is your consent.
Recipients of your Personal Data
We provide your personal data to third parties, including service providers who render services to SouthTech and others as more fully described in the Section above that is entitled “Does SouthTech Share Information with Third Parties?”
Geographically, SouthTech is located within the State of Florida and within the United States of America. When you visit our Website, you are visiting a Website located in the United States. Any data that you provide to us, including personal data, is collected and stored from within the United States. SouthTech has no intention of transferring any of your personal data outside of the United States, but in the event that a transfer of your personal data is required, we will comply with all applicable data privacy laws, including use of an approved mechanism for the transfer of personal data such as the Standard Contractual Clauses, as approved by the EU Commission or applicable governmental body.
Policy on Data Retention
SouthTech retains your personal data until you contact SouthTech to request deletion of such information.
EU Data Rights
EU data subjects are afforded the following rights under the GDPR:
- The right to access personal data that we maintain about the data subject.
- The right to rectify or correct personal data that we have collected about the data subject.
- The right to request deletion of the data subject’s personal data maintained by SouthTech.
- The right to object or block certain processing activities involving the data subject’s personal data.
- The right to data portability, which is the right to receive the data subject’s personal information in a reasonably usable format to take or transfer to another business or organization.
- To the extent that our only basis for processing the data subject’s personal data is consent, the data subject has the right to withdraw the data subject’s consent.
- The right to lodge a complaint against SouthTech with a supervisory authority.
An EU data subject may exercise any of the foregoing rights by contacting us using one of the methods included below.
Statutory or Contractual Requirement for Collection of Personal Data
Statutory law does not require that we collect any of the personal data detailed in this Policy. Depending upon the terms of your contract with us, or the contract that your employer or an organization with whom you are affiliated entered into, the processing of your Help Desk Information, Account Credentials, Account Registration Information, Accounting Portal Information, Accounting Portal Registration Information could be a contractual requirement. Required fields of information are denoted with an asterisk. If you do not provide us with information that is required in order to complete a web form, then we will be unable to complete and process the form.
Please contact us using one of the following contact options if you have a request, comment, question, or would like to exercise your data rights as detailed in this Policy:
U.S. Mail: 2801 Fruitville Road, Suite 250, Sarasota, Florida 34237
Telephone: (941) 953-7455