Your data is a financial gold mine and there are professional thieves focused on getting it. Statistics show that ransomware types tripled (Symantec) and email infected by ransomware increased 6000% (IBM Security) in 2017. There is no more “if” you have a breach, it is now “when” you have a breach and how you react. Top organizations and government entities with teams of security experts have been compromised. Everyone must make this a priority, be on high alert and have a response plan.
Your privacy and data protection plan should include:
- A comprehensive analysis of data being collected, the level of protection required and compliance requirements associated with each data type.
- A review, and update as required, of all internal policies.
- A layered security design that encompasses all avenues of connections including remote, cloud and mobile.
- Constantly evolving monitoring, alerting, maintenance and support solutions dedicated to cybersecurity.
- Ongoing security awareness training for all personnel.
- A complete backup and disaster recovery system including documented processes and procedures.